Know the conditions of the Regular Skilled Worker Program
Before submitting your application, it is important to read the immigration rules and procedures and the information regarding the application intake periods for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.
Selection is made on the basis of a point grid for various factors. Points will be awarded for each of these selection factors. The assessment of your application will help to determine if you obtain a sufficient number of points to be selected by Québec. The Grille synthèse des facteurs et critères applicables à la sélection des travailleurs qualifiés (summary grid of factors and criteria used to select skilled workers) (PDF, 485 Kb) presents in addition to the selection factors and criteria, how they are weighted and the passing scores that apply to skilled workers, as stipulated in Schedule A of the Regulation respecting the selection of foreign nationals and the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals.
Selection factors in the point grid
Does your professional profile (as well as your spouse’s, if applicable) allow you to easily adapt to the requirements and rapid development of the Québec labour market? Check to see if you are eligible for the Regular Skilled Worker Program. The following employability factors will be taken into account:
- your schooling (your level of education and area of training). Note that since December 31, 2015, only diplomas obtained before the submission of your application are considered in the attribution of points for the Education level criterion;
- your work experience
- your age
- your knowledge of French and English
- your stays in Québec and family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident
- having a valid employment offer (this applies only if you have received a job offer that meets certain conditions from a Québec employer.) See the section Recrutement international - Embaucher un travailleur étranger permanent
- characteristics regarding your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, if applicable
- other factors that will be taken into account: the number of children under the age of 19 who will be accompanying you to Québec
- your capacity for financial self-sufficiency (you must sign a contract confirming your commitment to provide for your needs and your family’s needs for at least the first three months following your arrival in Québec).